Speedefy router setup via speedefywifi.com can be done by typing this speedefy installation url in the top of your browser. In case you need any help and assistance with your device read the troubleshooting below. The speedefy router is an affordable & fully-featured dual-band WiFi router that measures 15.59 x 3.20 x 12.99 inches & weighs nearly 500 grams. It is built with a geometrical top cover and solid black exterior cover, The AC2100 speedefy router is an all-new sleek modern device.
Speedefy router is a device that provides high-speed internet for normal internet uses such as gaming/ streaming, This router can transport data through the adapters concurrently at a time without buffering or any other distractions. It is generally based on wireless AC2100 (1733Mbps at 5GigaHertz + 300Mbps at2GigaHertz) network segment with 4×4 multiuser ability. It is not just a device that is used for standard internet tasks but used for a high-speed router with concurrent data throughput to reduce data sharing speed. This device is comparatively costlier than the other router devices ( TP-LINK ROUTER )
INSTALLATION OF THE SPEEDEFY ROUTER:
You can set up the router in two methods, They are via a browser & via a speedy wifi app
STEPS INVOLVED IN THE SETTING UP VIA A BROWSER:
- To find the Network Name printed on the label look at the bottom of the speedefy router K7.
- Click on the network icon of your computer or else go to WiFi Settings of your smartphone & then opt for SSID to join the network.
- Launch a web browser from a PC or mobile phone so that it will be connected to your router’s network. EX: Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox /Apple Safari & Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge.
- Enter into this web portal http://.speedefywifi.com or 192.168.3.1 into your web browser’s address bar.
- Press the Enter key/click the Search option.
Note: Your browser might warn you about some security issues. Make sure that the web address you entered is correct and then proceed with the router login window.
- In the router login tab, type your login password.
- Click Enter / Login.
STEPS INVOLVED IN SETTING UP VIA APP:
- Download the speedefy app from IOS / google play store
- Connect your smartphone / PC to the available service set identifier ( SSID )
- The speedefy will detect your connection type
Note: If the detection is failed, Try using the manual method.
- Set a username, a wifi password, and a login password
- And then click the save option.
Therefore you’re setting up process is over, using the speedefy router manual.
HOW TO RESET THE SPEEDEFY ROUTER
We can reset the speedefy router AC2100 by means of three methods, let us get to know about it one by one.
METHOD1 – BY USING THE RESET BUTTON:
You will find a reset button at the backside of the speedefy router device. Click the reset button for few seconds, It will restore your router to the factory default settings. Therefore you need to reconfigure the device from scratch / you have to load the configuration file. And make sure that you have backed up before the reset process.
METHOD2 – VIA WEB MANAGEMENT PORTAL:
Log in to the web management portal of the speedefy router i.e. www.speedefywifi.com, Go to System Settings and click Reboot & Reset and select click Reset option. Then the router will reset automatically.
METHOD3 – VIA SPEEDEFY ROUTER APP:
Open the Speedy WiFi App. Click Reset on the tools page. therefore the router will reset automatically.
- Make sure that the router is powered until the entire process gets over.
- The default IP address or the SSID will be at the bottom label of the product ( SPEEDEFY K7 ROUTER )
HOW TO UPDATE SPEEDEFY ROUTERS FIRMWARE?
Speedefy AC2100 wifi gives an update about the firmware updates in order to improve the product performance, features and enhance its security. To ensure that all new features are available on your speedefy router, Make sure that the router is running the latest firmware. Let us get into the steps through which we will be able to update the firmware of the router
- Connect your computer to your router via an ethernet cable
- Launch a web browser & access http://www.speedefywifi.com or else 192.168.31 into the address bar
- Enter the routers login password
- Select system settings and click on the firmware update option. Therefore the router will search for new firmware updates
- If you get an update option-click upgrade now
NOTE: After you click the upgrade option make sure that the device is turned on until the entire process gets over, And the firmware updation may take up to few minutes.
STEPS INVOLVED IN CHANGING THE DEFAULT IP ADDRESS OF THE K7 ROUTER:
- Open a browser and type the current IP address of your router into the address bar, For example (The Default Internet Protocol address is 192.168.0.1 or type speedefywifi.com), mac address can be searched here).
- The speedefy default username is the admin and the password is blank (nothing). Click on the login option.
- Click on the Setup option and enter into Network Settings
- Under the Router Settings, Type in the router´s new IP address & subnet mask. The IP Address that is configured here is the IP Address that you use to access the Web page management interface. If you change the IP Address here, you have to adjust your PC´s / mobiles network settings to access the network again.
- And then Click the Save Settings option.
ISSUES OR PROBLEMS FACED WITH THE SPEEDEFY ROUTER:
NO INTERNET CONNECTION:
Periodically, Something glitches in the combination of the router & the modem. The best way to resolve it is to disconnect the modem and the router & wait for at least 30 secs before restoring both.
- The most common reason for the problem is being far away from the router. An ideal way to fix this, you need to get closer to the router and if again the problem persists you have to change the location of the router.
- Or else the bandwidth of the router may be lagging. To encounter this issue you need to reduce the number of users at a time
- During peak hours the internet may get slow down. So you are asked to reschedule your usage to experience the maximum speed.
FEATURES OF SPEEDEFY ROUTER
- Speedefy router speed supports 2100M ( 1733 mbps/5G + 300mbps/ 2G )
- Dual-core CPU reduces buffering and provides high-speed browsing video streaming & gaming
- It provides excellent & powerful signals as it contains 7*6dbi external antennas & 4*4 MU-MIMO, Thus it eliminates dead spots in your home.
- Also manages to have parental controls to manage your kids’ usage & guest network which separates your own information from others
- It has three operating mode options in the Wireless router; Universal repeater & WISP modes
LIGHT INDICATIONS IN SPEEDEFY AC2100 ROUTER
The light indications on the front panel of the device help us get the information’s from the device, The indications are as follows:
- The appearance of solid light – It denotes that the router is starting up or the device is connected to the internet
- blinking light ( in a slower rate ) – It denotes that the router has failed / unable to connect to the internet
- Fast blinking light – it denotes that the router is connected or removed from any portal
- blinking light for 2 minutes – It denotes that the router is waiting for the connection via/through the wifi protected setup ( WPS )
PORTS & BUTTONS
- WPS / RST – Press and hold the WPS button for a second in order to enable the WPS, Therefore within 2 minutes it will automatically set up the WPS between your router and device
- WAN port – Connection of the modem can be done using the WAN port
- LAN port – Local network devices can be connected through the LAN ports. ex: PCs and laptops
Speedefy Router Review
Thus we have seen the features, steps involved in the installation, updation of firmware, steps in changing the IP address, and problems & their resolutions of the speedefy router. Generally, it has a strong signal throughout 2000sq ft. This is simple and straight forward, with extraordinary performance. Considering its overall performing ability, This speedefy wifi router Ac2100 k7 is worth buying. A bit of worrying part is that this device is a bit costly ranging from 75 dollars. Other than this, There no issues regarding this device.